The Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance Charter

Go down

Alliance Charter Empty Alliance Charter

Post  Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:34 pm

We, Psycho Circus, are to be the Unholy Dread Knights of Dungeon Overlord. We will cause mayhem and chaos to those that defy us and bring war to our people, but we will bring order to those who wish to fly their banners under our leadership. Be that as it may we will still follow rules to make gameplay fair and rewarding to all.
Those rules are:
1. As a Group, we are considered Lawful Evil under the alignment regulations. Lawful Evil is referred to as the "Dominator" or "Diabolic" alignment. Characters of this alignment see a well-ordered system as being easier to exploit, and show a combination of desirable and undesirable traits; while they usually obey their superiors and keep their word, they care nothing for the rights and freedoms of other individuals and are not averse to twisting the rules to work in their favor. Examples of this alignment include tyrants, undiscriminating mercenary types who have a strict code of conduct, and loyal soldiers who enjoy the act of killing. Each person in the guild may feel their alignment is either more neutral or chaotic but as a group we will follow the Lawful path.
2. On Raiding:
--Any inactive non-alliance account is fair game for farming. If though at any time the account becomes active then the rules for active accounts apply.
--No more than three raids are allowed on active non-alliance accounts per week. This is to give them time to recover their losses and stock back up on resources.
--Alliance Accounts are raid by permission only. This is so that we do not cause an alliance war. The Officers should be the ones to decide if an alliance war should be started.
3. On Being Attacked:
--If at any time you are attacked by a living person and not by the computer TELL AN Officer IMMEDIATELY!
--These may be spy missions from other alliances and we need to watch who and where they are going.
--Whether you retaliate in kind back to your aggressor is your own choice, but the alliance needs to know if we need to send the army in.
4. On Reconciliation:
--There may come a time where you may have to pay back someone that you have wronged either on purpose or accidentally. It is expected that some effort is put into this. This rule will be enforced if no sign of reparations are made.
5. On Punishment:
--For the first offense is reconciliation. This rule will be normally applied to farming. It is expected that you return that which was raided. It is asked that a bonus fee be given too but it is not required.
--For the second offense is also reconciliation to not only the injured party but to our alliance; A fee which will be worked out with each individual. If this includes attacking another alliance without permission demotion and reparations to the other alliance may be asked for too.
--For the third offense will be a kicking from the alliance and being immediately attacked by Killer Bunnies. Every other Bunny member will be encouraged to raid you. This will apply if you refuse to make proper reparations, have acted totally outside the limits of fair play, or attacked the same alliance twice after being told to leave them alone.
6. On the Regional Banks:
--The Banks are accounts that will be used for the betterment of the alliance. If you have spare resources please donate them to the bank. If at any time you need something make your request to one of the bank executives and they will check to see if the item is in stock. A limited list of furniture and resources will be available to be viewed, but it does not mean they will be in stock all the time or that it is all we have in the bank. Please be patient.
7. On Have Fun:
--Remember this is just a game. HAVE FUN!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Alliance Charter Empty Further Information

Post  Guest Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:55 pm

DO NOT RAID ACTIVE PLAYERS BELONGING TO ANOTHER ALLIANCE!!! We don't want to start a war.
SURVEY, SURVEY, SURVEY. Do it now before unoccupied dungeons really start becoming occupied. Send your goblins out right before you log out. Let them survey while you're not playing or send 1 or 2 out constantly. SURVEY THE ENTIRE REGION! You will thank me when you find a 5 or more node dungeon.
Raiding an inactive counts as a survey. If you find a good one you want to farm but can't remember where it is, go to your suveys and click on the occupied option and search for the resource you want.
Use the Market. If you need it bad enough or want it bad enough, look for it there. The Market just isn't about buying resources. It has crafted resouces, furniture, and traps.
Can't play for awhile? Let your District Commander know. One of their duties is picking up a player's resources if you are unable to.Trusted friends can pick up your resources for you if you want. Especially warlock research. That doesn't take up room in the store room but if your library tiles are full of research, they will stop generating it.
BE CAREFUL OF WHO YOU "TRUST"!!! Have all the friends you want, but don't "trust" them if they belong to another alliance, no matter what they say. If you "trust" them, they can spy on your dungeon. I have friends in other alliances, but I'm not going to "trust" them.
Put your unused hallway tiles to work! They don't go towards your tile count so put them to work as mines or whatever generating more resources.
Be careful of what you buy in the shop. Are you sure you want to make that "peace" purchase when you have BUNNY to cover your ass?
Remote mine if you want but wouldn't you rather rape, pillage, and plunder?
If you are going to remote mine, have your goblins do it while you're gone. Example: you need 1000 PE. Are you going to send 4 gobs to 1 mine and have them take 3 days? No. Let's say 1 goblin can mine 125 in 6 hours. You send 8 goblins to 8 different mines. When you get back 6 hours later, there it is. But during those 6 hours, they are not mining your basics so why not #9 an inactive player? Your orcs and thieves are getting paid, make them fuckers earn it.
Assign taskmasters to your rooms. They increase your production and every little bit helps. Higher rated taskmasters generate more bonuses.
Keep an eye on your taskmasters' rating. They don't play for awhile, their rating goes down. When you first assigned one, his rating was 5. Next thing you know, his rating is 1.
Consolidate your resources! Craft ingots and other items so you have extra room in your storage room. No sense having your warehouse full when your raiders return. If it's full, they'll just dump the extra plunder along the road and you just wasted your time with the raid. Have 75 C just sitting there? Craft a piece of goblin twine.
Raid limits are the number of raids you can have active per dungeon. When it says you've reached your limit, you have to wait for one to get back before launching another one. Raid the vault 1st, storage room 2nd, the elements confine third then the mines or whatever you want to raid. Do 1 dungeon at a time. That way when the survey icon appears over a dungeon, you know you have already raided the EC and Store room and won't waste time going back to a Store Room or Elements Confine that you have emptied.
Keep your workshops/forges active. No sense waiting around for them to craft something
Use the furniture. Like #10, every bit is useful and you can have multiple pieces. I have 3 drafting tables in my workshop that increase my crafting speed by 30%
Don't waste your goblins. If they carry 500 a piece, don't send 501, round it up to 1000 with whatever you want
Don't have more Warlocks than your library can handle. Too many is not better. If you have 3 level 20 and 1 level 1 but your library can only support 3, 2 20's and the level 1 research. The other one is wasted.
You can move leveling furniture between dungeons. Once you are done using it in one dungeon, you can move the furniture, like a quiet study, to a new dungeon.
Since NOG was nice enough to come up with this new inactive skull icon, here's a suggestion. Concentrate on hitting as many inactives' primary dungeon's storage rooms as you can. That's where all the goodies are kept. You can always come back and raid the vaults and mines.
Keep your resource nodes active. Don't say "I don't need this one resource now but I need this one, so I'll deactivate the one so I mine more of the other". The time will come when you need the deactivated one and you won't have it. Case in point: at this point, PI isn't much use. Later it will be. All my element confines are full of PI, the tiles around my PI node are full of PI stacks, and every once in awhile I'll craft a Cold Iron Ingot. Each ingot takes 500 Iron. If you need 50 ingots, do you want to wait around gathering all that Iron?
Don't max your population out. You'll realize as your Orcs get higher level, you'll need fewer of them and you won't have room for higher level characters like ghosts and vampires. Do you want to expend all that effort in leveling an Orc just to dismiss him for another character?
Just because you can upgrade a room doesn't mean you have to. Before you upgrade, make sure you want the upgade. If you have to downgrade a room, you lose the resources you spent upgrading.
Prerequisite rooms can be removed after building the room it is required for. Example: Crypt requires Level 3 Temple. You can downgrade/remove the Temple after building the Crypt. If you want to upgrade the Crypt to level 4 after downgrading the Temple, you will have to upgrade the Temple back to level 3 first.
When leveling creatures, keep upkeep in mind. Warlocks require $$$. Level them to 30 and use bookcases and ashen fireplaces to keep upkeep costs low versus leveling them up to 50 or more until you gain more power.
Upgrade your Den and Vault to level 4 as soon as you can. The Den adds 1 gobby while the Vault adds 2 plus the increase in XP generation. 10 and 60 respectively versus 4 and 18 at level 3
Stackers are need for everything from the farm to the mine and should be a top priority, especially the Vault where room size is limited. In the Vault, either 3 or 4 treasure chests are required. Check out the Resource Mining Rates and Stack Sizes link in the Link doc. It lists basic resource stack sizes and mining rates. You can then figure out maximum stack size to available stack space ratio.If you know and use Excel, check out the Dungeon Stacker & Consumption calculator link. This link will do the calculations for you for those who know spreadsheets. You should upgrade from T1 stackers to T2 to T3 as soon as you can in order to conserve stack space. It does no good to have a high mining rate with no stack space or your stack space fills up faster than you can claim your resources
BE CAREFUL OF HOW YOU USE THE MARKET! Players do use the market for potential raiding targets. Nothing paints a big bull's eye on your forehead like a sale of something like 10000 Diamonds.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum